Breast cancer is one of the leading cause of death in women Globally, and early detection remains the best approach to curbing the menace.
Breast cancer is curable and early detection, proper diagnosis and management play a great role.
Regular breast self examination is essential to detect any abnormal growth early enough.
EASY STEP FOR BREAST SELF EXAMINATION
1. Stand in front of the mirror examine your breast and checking if there is any change in size, shape, color, position of breast and nipples.
2. Raise your arms examining your breast again, slowly turn around to examine the other side.
3. Put your hands over your hips, bend forward to examine if there is any difference.
4. Squeeze the nipple to observe for any unusual discharge (blood, Pus, clear fluid) expressed.
5. Start from your collar bone downward, use the left hand to feel the right breast, using index finger, middle finger and ring finger patting on the skin slowly and start pressing harder until you can feel your ribs. Feel around the Breast, move the 3 fingers up and down.
6. Once all steps carried out in a standing position, turn to a lying position and do same as standing position.