1. Kidney failure
These are the most scary diseases to me in the world.
The first one is preventable, but the second one very difficult to prevent.
1. Throat cancer has its risk factors such as previous infections from Epstein-Barr virus (EBV), even inhalation of fumes, usage of tobacco, untreated GERD diseases.
Even if you are able to stop or address tobacco usage, inhalation of fumes and treat your reflux diseases. How can you tell you had EBV infections, will your neighbors stop using his smoky generator at night, and same smoke you inhale till dawn because power failure.
I know someone who had none of these risk factors yet had throat cancer, and died few days to his 30years birthday. Nigeria music superstar, Sound sultan was just 44years before his death.
The rate at which everywhere is polluted with diesel smokes and generator fumes is alarming, you are smoked in traffic jams and you come home again your neighbors smokes you with generator fumes because of power failure, your father or boy friend smoke you with resulting smoke from his tobacco stick.
Throat cancer is said to be one of the worst cancer that can ever infect a man. It is rapid, and gets to final stage within a short time, it is painful, you watch them suffer and nothing anyone can do.
Don’t allow anyone to puff cigerrete on your face, don’t sit with smokers during their smoking activities, don’t inhale generator and car fumes.
2. Skin cancers, whenever you buy gearbox oils and other fluids use in machinery, read the labels and you will be shocked, they are known carcinogen, yet we play with these substances with barehands, mechanics will never wear gloves to repair or service your car.
3. Lung cancer, we are all passive smokers, nobody care, people smoke and puff ciggerete on our face, it is known to contain 120 carcinogenic substances each puff of smoke you inhale. Currently there is no law against public place smoking.
4. Prostrate cancer, which is the enlargement of the prostrate and natural most men above 40years of age will suffer from it.
5. Breast cancer with lots of risk factors, though some are hereditary and some unexplainable.
6. Cervical cancer, from Human papilloma viruses, promiscuity and multiple sexual partners. There are vaccines for sexually active women, this is a preventable cancer.
The best we can do is to avoid risk factors as much as we can.
For Chronic kidney disease, controlling your blood pressure, control your Diabetes, avoid HERBAL medications, stop abuse NSAIDs, take your Anti Retroviral drugs judiciously.
Modify your feeding and eating habit, your environment, avoid physical contacts with chemicals perchance these will reduce the incidence of cancers in our community.