Getting the right information about scholarships and schools available, is a step to achieving your desired success.
Guess what? It’s very simple when the right steps are followed.
Six (6) Direct Guide To Follow;
1. Search for your desired course of study on google in the country of choice, for example, schools with Msc in Microbiology in Canada/Australia.
2. Click and navigate directly to the department/faculty homepage.
3. Search for graduate admission and requirements. Read carefully and checkout their funding options.
4. Most schools require you to contact a supervisor prior to your application. The List of faculty members with their contact details and areas of specialization are always available on the graduate admission page.
Carefully draft a cover letter indicating your interest in the group/lab and attach your CV and transcript with the mail. Do not rush to send the email. Read over and over again for typo and correct any error.
5. You can use the same cover letter for different schools with few adjustments which aligns with your research interest and that of the proposed group. Always avoid the use of generic cover letter.
6. Apply to as many schools and countries available, never be disappointed if you receive no reply or even negative ones. It’s all part of the process.
CREDIT: Olumuyiwa Igbalajobi, Ph.D