Prayer and fasting is for the benefit of the believers and it’s commanded by God (Isaiah 58: 6-12).
Fasting is a spiritual exercise that brings about supernatural blessings. Prayer and fasting does not empower God, but empower the believer.
As believers, we fast because there is a kingdom need for it and not for show off (Matthew 17:20-21).
God commanded prayer and fasting for specific benefit. Remember, prayer is what gives value to fasting (Luke 18:1).
How To Approach Fasting And Prayer Profitably.
1. You must define your goals (Esther 4:15). Esther had a goal to appear before the King after her fast.
What is your goal? Without definition there will be derivations.
2. You must seek Him with your heart (Jeremiah 29:13).
3. You must come confessing your sins (Pslam 16: 18). Untill you confess, there is no mercy.
4. You must come to God by His word (Isaiah 43: 26, 1st John 1: 9-10).
5. You must engage in Kingdom advancement prayers.
Prophecy are real and how sweet is it to experience fulfillment of prophecy (1st Timothy 1: 18). Fasting and prayers facilitate the fulfillment of prophecies.