A member of Nigeria’s Upper Chamber, Senator Diket Plang has urged that for the Country to meet Universal Health Coverage (UHC), medical laboratory scientists in the country should be well placed. The senator representing Plateau Central Senatorial District made this known while declaring the 59th Association of Medical Laboratory Scientists of Nigeria (AMLSN) Conference open in Abuja the country’s capital.
Senator Diket Plang who was the chairman of the opening ceremony called for a robust working relationship between the medical laboratory scientists and other healthcare providers as the roles of the Medical laboratory scientists are key in patient care.
He added that the medical laboratory science profession should be well-prioritized as the professionals give a detailed analysis of the true story of the body system and also interpret the same for better patient care and management.
He further declared the event opening and asked the participants to keep the spirit high and requested a fair, transparent, and conclusive electoral process that will bring the 59th conference to a close.
The Association of Medical Laboratory Scientists of Nigeria 59th Conference with the theme “Universal Health Coverage: The Medical Laboratory Priority in Nigeria” will focus on the following sub-theme:
01. The role of medical laboratory in strengthening healthcare service and economy
02. Teamwork spirit: the bedrock for mult disciplinary health industry
03. Unification of health professionals through Nation building
04. Redefining managerial and policy-making for adequate health coverage
05. Harnessing the potential of human resources in medical laboratory science
06. Importance of Nigeria National Essential Diagonstic List (NNEDL) towards improving UHC.
The keynote speaker and other guest will be unveiling and making their presentations on the above.