If God tells you to be holy, He has empower you to be holy, because His word has the capacity to make things happen (2nd Corinthians 3:18).
What are the cost of Ungodliness?
Just as Godliness is profitable, ungodliness is costly.
1. It engenders failure and defeat. We have an assurance of victory as children of God (2nd Corinthians 2:14; 1st John 5:4).
The Children of Israel could not stand before their enemies because of sin as seen in Joshua 7: 1-13.
If you want to wake up from that defeat, it’s time to take away the accursed thing. So many are defeated today because they have touch the accursed thing. Sinful pleasure comes with a cost, and there’s no sin without a cost.
2. It brings shame and reproach. No matter your status and personality, sin is a reproach.
Samson the great man in the scripture became a toy as a results of sin and was made a laughing stock (Judges 16: 23-25).
Sin takes away your honor and give you a bad label.
3. Sin stir fear and dreads (Proverbs 28:1). Adam and wife went into hiding as a result of their sin. When you leave in sin, you run from God, run from fellowship and go into hiding.
You can’t escape fear untill your conscience is clear.
3. Sin blocks access to divine favour (Pslam 5:12). To the righteous, there is an entitlement of favour and sin takes favour away.
Joseph had favour in the land of Egypt (Genesis 39:21) and even to the throne (Genesis 41:38-40).
Sin rob believers of God’s presence and God’s presence is what guarantee favour.
Demands of Godliness?
1. Be not unequally yoked with unbelievers (1st Corinthians 6:15-17; 1st Corinthians 15:33). If you want to live right, communicate with the right (Proverbs 13:20).
Say no to ungodly Christians (1st Corinthians 5:11), do not follow them as Hebrews 10:26 says there is no sacrifice for sins.
2. Be delighted in Keeping His commandments.
God his a rewarder of those who seek him.